Green World Conferences are pleased to announce that 4th annual Future Hydro Albania 2018 (formerly known as HydroTech Albania) expo and conference will be held on 30-31 January 2018.
Conference presentations will be delivered in Albanian and English with simultaneous translations provided.
Future Hydro Albania, organised together with the Ministry of Energy & Industry and a number of local partners, is the only annual event in the country focusing on Albania’s hydro energy potential, development and investment.
Future Hydro Albania provides a platform to exchange information and the opportunity for both the potential and existing investors and the investment community to meet and network in a 5 star environment. It is intended to support hydropower development in Albania, increase foreign direct investment and aid further privatisation of the hydropower industry.
While the event showcases top technology providers it is also content driven and addresses the key issues the Albanian hydro energy industry is facing, including the main drivers: reducing CO2, increasing energy security, enabling access to affordable financing, reducing energy production costs and alleviating poverty in rural areas through deployment of small hydropower installations.
How is the event different in 2018?
Most importantly, following the success of 2017 edition, the greater number of booths, over 200 pre-subscribed attendees with special attendance from a number of key investors and developers, both local and international as well as leading construction companies.
Albanian hydro energy market overview:
Albania has a liberalized economic framework and conditions for doing business and attracting FDI are improving constantly. In Albania, building new power generation capacities and transmission lines to support its future energy needs and to export is a government priority. According to Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) the country has only exploited 35% of the total potential. Total hydropower reserves are estimated at around 3,000 MW. Potential annual generation may reach up to 16.000 GWh.
Furthermore, the Albanian electricity system relies almost entirely on hydro to cover its electricity demand with 1.7 GW of hydropower capacity installed, according to information from the Energy Community.
Future Hydro Albania conference and exhibition will host major developers, ministries, investors, lawyers, energy regulatory agencies, energy traders, utilities and technology companies.
Whether you are launching a new product, building your brand awareness, successful targeting new customers or cementing existing relationships with clients HydroTech Albania 2017 is ideal to assist you in successful reaching these objectives.
Conference main topics:
- Albanian hydro power market – current state and future potential
- Albanian government and market regulator’s support for further hydro developments
- Key aspects of financing hydro power projects in Albania
- Legal advise – case studies from leading energy lawyers
- Technical aspects of new developments and refurbishement of existing hydro installations
Who will attend:
- Representatives of the Albanian Ministry of Energy
- Energy market regulator
- Energy utilities
- Hydro projects EPCs and developers
- Hydro technology companies
- OEM for hydro projects
- Service providers
- Construction companies
- A fully packed programme of high profile speakers
- Excellent networking with the who’s who of the regional and international hydro energy industry
- Technology update in the exhibition area
- Extensive finance advice on developing commercially profitable hydro energy projects with case studies
- Learn about local hydro energy development and profitability
- Hear from and meet in person over 100 top hydro energy experts